In April, I let my boss know that I was going to start looking for the next challenge in my career. It was a difficult decision – I work at a great company and with great teams. However, when I looked objectively at what the company most needed, my personal growth and career goals, and the likely opportunities in the next five years, it became clear that the next chapter was upon me.
When you tell someone you’re engaged in a job search, the inevitable question is, “what are you looking for?” Part of my success has been the ability to see many options and possibilities, so answering that question isn’t as easy as it might seem.
In short, though, I
- want to be part of a team focused on strategy and performance improvement.
- love to help people / departments / companies find creative ways to solve problems, improve performance, or define strategy.
- am comfortable supervising and managing teams and departments, but that’s certainly not a requirement. Leadership doesn’t require supervisory responsibilities.
- find the most engagement and energy when helping others reach their potential, and in planning solutions. Architect more than general contractor.
- would like to work with a company that’s forward thinking on technology, but am not particular about the industry segment.
Do you know of an opportunity that fits? Let me know!