My fourth year to participate in the Song-A-Day Challenge, and perhaps the first time that I’m coming in with absolutely no material rolling around in my head. A recent hard drive crash also means that there are no historical snippets and sketches to rely on. Everything you hear was created entirely on that day. I’m writing without a net!
The rawness of recent loss has dulled, replaced by the quiet, softly turbulent process of healing. Emotions that were up front and central in many of last year’s tracks are still pervasive, but desaturated. Perhaps that will change over the course of the month. The first entry, February Madness, provides a more verbose introduction.
New this year will be production write ups for each track. Those are linked below.
The player on this page includes all songs written so far this month, which you can pop out into a separate window to listen while you browse. Each post also contains a player for that specific song. As always, comments are welcome!
- Run Run Run (Demo) Ray Toler 2:58
- There's No Time to Rest Ray Toler 2:48
- Look Away from the Water Ray Toler 5:04
- I Don't Think That Was Me Ray Toler 5:16
- Divulsion Ray Toler 3:28
- Drinking It Down Ray Toler 4:16
- The Music I Want You to Hear Ray Toler 2:29
- Butter and Blackberry Jam Ray Toler 1:54
- Piece by Piece Ray Toler 2:13
- Whatever You Pour, I'll Drink Ray Toler 1:15
- Toys in the Attic Ray Toler 2:54
- Cask Ray Toler 2:19
- The Old Zerp and Flerp Ray Toler 3:09
- I Find the Strength Ray Toler 2:45
- Deferential Drift Ray Toler 2:09
- Paging Mr. Greenberg Ray Toler 2:57
- Snow Globe Ray Toler 1:36